Campus Identity Banners may be temporarily removed from the light poles at the Nebraska Union on City Campus and at the Nebraska East Union in order to display banners for campus events. The following restrictions apply:
- The event must be sponsored by a college, department, or center. Student organizations are encouraged to consult with staff members at the Nebraska Unions regarding banner and other signage display options.
- The unit must display a minimum of four double-sided banners. (There are a total of 20 banners displayed on 10 poles at the Nebraska Union on City Campus and 16 banners on 8 poles at the East Union.)
- Banners for only two different special events can be displayed at each Union at any given time. Scheduling will be coordinated by the Manager of Publications & Photography with priority given to events that are of a more university-wide nature or have a greater audience appeal, as well as on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The banners must be displayed for a minimum of two weeks.
- The banner design must be approved in advance by the Manager of Publications & Photography.
- Banners may only be purchased through authorized vendors using approved materials and sizes. Contact Purchasing for information or assistance with your order.
- All costs associated with banner purchase, installation, removal, and storage are the responsibility of the sponsoring unit.
To discuss banner scheduling and design, contact:
Director, Office of University Communications
202 Canfield Administration (0424)